A One Read Art Exhibit
Orr Street Studios (106 Orr Street, Columbia)
“Why would you think there’s another life for you, perhaps another possibility inside of you already, when the walk that you take each dawn is so lovely and safe?”
~M.O. Walsh, “The Big Door Prize”
Inspired by this year’s One Read book “The Big Door Prize,” we invite Mid-Missouri artists ages 16 and older to contribute works that explore the idea of potential, that capture a transformation, or investigate what someone or something might become.
Cash prizes will be awarded for three winners, sponsored by Columbia’s Office of Cultural Affairs. The third place winner will receive $50, second place $75 and first place $125.
The exhibit will take place September 1-30, and can be viewed in person at the September 2 First Friday reception at Orr Street Studios.
- Artists must be at least 16 years of age.
- Artists may submit one original work in any visual medium.
- Pieces should be ready for display; pieces without secure hanging wire cannot be accepted (no sawtooth hangers, please).
- Work should be labeled on the back with your name, phone number or email and title of the work.
- Submit artwork to Orr Street Studios (106 Orr Street, Columbia).
- Please print and fill out a form to bring in with your work if possible. Submission forms will be available at Orr Street on the dates below if you are unable to print one ahead of time.
- Submission dates are:
- Friday, August 26th, noon – 4 p.m.
- Saturday, August 27, noon – 4 p.m.
- At the end of the exhibit, artists can pick up their work at Orr Street on the following days:
- Saturday, October 1, noon – 2 p.m.
- Sunday, October 2, noon – 2 p.m.
Questions? Contact Lauren Williams at (573) 443-3161 or email@example.com.
Special thanks to Orr Street Studios, the Columbia Art League and Columbia’s Office of Cultural Affairs for their support!