A One Read Art Exhibit
Orr Street Studios (106 Orr Street, Columbia and orrstreetstudios.com)
“I suppose a room is the summation of all that has happened inside it”
~ Amor Towles, “A Gentleman in Moscow”
Inspired by this year’s One Read book “A Gentleman in Moscow” we invite Mid-Missouri artists ages 16 and older to contribute works that explore the experiences of isolation and confinement.
Cash prizes will be awarded for three winners, sponsored by Columbia’s Office of Cultural Affairs. The third place winner will receive $50, second place $75 and first place $125 plus a one-year membership to the Columbia Art League.
The exhibit will take place September 1-26 and will be viewed virtually at www.orrstreetstudios.com.
- Artists must be at least 16 years of age.
- Artists may submit one original work in any visual medium.
- Pieces should be ready for display; pieces without secure hanging wire cannot be accepted (no sawtooth hangers, please).
- Work should be labeled on the back with your name, phone number or email and title of the work.
- Submit artwork to Orr Street Studios (106 Orr Street, Columbia). In keeping with social-distancing safety enter through the main doors and place art on the submission table.
- Due to COVID-19, please print and fill out a submission form to bring in with your work if possible (Microsoft Word and PDF versions available). Submission forms will be available at Orr Street on the dates below if you are unable to print one ahead of time.
- Submission dates are:
- Thursday, August 27, 2-5 p.m.
- Friday, August 28, 4-6 p.m.
- Saturday, August 29, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- At the end of the exhibit, artists can pick up their work Saturday, September 26, 10-2 p.m. and Sunday, September 27, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Questions? Contact Kat Stone Underwood at (573) 443-3161 or by email.